Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolutions



Yes, I know resolution posts are a dime-a-dozen this time of year, but I'd still like to do one. So, without further ado:

1. Learn Swedish. My husband is Swedish, and I don't mean like I'm Scots-Irish. I mean actually Swedish, as in spent the first twenty-five years of his life there. Personally, I feel it's inexcusable that I don't speak Swedish. Those of you who know me know that this is not my first, or second, or even third attempt. But yesterday I upgraded my Babbel account to give me access to the grammar lessons (which, for me, is the part I've had the most trouble with). My hope is to attempt to switch to all-Swedish at home by the end of the year.

2. Keep on truckin'. If you've been following the blog, you know that I started running this year, originally meaning simply to run 2-3 times/week, but, thanks to my dogs (who I now refer to as my personal trainers) we're doing 2 miles 5-6 days/week, depending on the weather. Wore the rubber on my shoes straight through in some places.
Old shoes on the right, new shoes on the left. Same brand, slight difference in tread after all that running!

And I not only intend to keep that up, but I'd like to increase my distance a few times a week. I'd also like to run at least one 5k this year.

3. Publish at least one more book. Already working on it. I'm hoping to have it up in the next two-three months.

4. Blog more often. Of my four resolutions, this is the one I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail at. I could use your help--if you see me slacking, get in touch on Facebook or Twitter! We all need a kick in the pants sometimes!

Like me on Facebook, follow me on Tumblr, add me on Goodreads, and stalk me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment